Sunday, January 16, 2011

Not Even Death

Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Genre: Heavy metal, Screamo
Band Members: Dani - Vocals
Justin - Guitar
Mat - Bass/vocals
Mike - Drum/vocals

Not Even Death, a great band with great music to say the least. I came across this band, very randomly on facebook, I have no idea how I got to their page, maybe someone posted a link or something like that, but I can't say exactly but most importantly I listened to their music and was instantly loving it, and my feelings for their music has only been more intensified, as I listen to them more and more. My favourite song by them is That You Would Part The sky. I keep discovering something new about the instrumentals in the songs, the breakdowns and the level of complexity and originality. Everything just works well together, all the different instruments brought together sounds perfect. I would point out that their arrangement is quite standard of most metal, start off fast and hard and midway through the song, we have a soulful piece which this band does well with a female lead vocalist, her soft feminine voice soothes you, and then a build up to a raise the tempo and decibels, but of course its different in each song but this is sort of the similarities. It is a good formula in my opinion.

They have their lyrics posted on their website and from that you can understand the message they are trying to put across, and from most of it, they have uplifting lyrics of encouragement in Annihilation of Ambition, and as I am of the Christian faith I understand that their songs all have the message past across, but not in a preachy manner, no talk of Jesus Christ and such, just the doctrines as such. Even if you do not believe in the faith, it is still awesome music, whether you agree or not.

They are definitely in my top favourite bands at the moment. You can see all of their music and such on their website

notevendeath.com

or their facebook profile:
Not Even Death's profile

3 comments:

  1. We have met these kids in person at Cornerstone Music Festival in Illinois. They are really awsome kids and and their music is indeed some of the best we have heard in a while. Dani the lead vocalist is our favorite female vocalist. She can scream like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - This is Dani, from Not Even Death.

    I read this review, and it's extremely encouraging to us. If you can make it out, tonight we're playing at Club SAW - 67 Nicholas St. with our friends in Hunter City Madness. http://www.facebook.com/tyler.mv?ref=ts#!/event.php?eid=159429830769747

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG i can't believe I missed that, I love Hunter City Madness as well, I'm glad you liked the review. I just saw these comments, I hope I can make uur next show whenever it is. You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete